Sneak Peek at the Microsoft Courier

by Lenny
November 8, 2009
Comments

Microsoft Courier

Two still mythical tablet devices, the Microsoft Courier and the Apple Tablet, are probably the hottest and most coveted devices that do not yet officially exist. To further fuel the anticipatory gadget lust, Gizmodo has scored an in-depth look at the former’s user interface and overall design.

Some Other Aspects

As we were clued into by earlier leaks, the Infinite Journal is the key metaphor for Courier. It’s like an enormous notebook for collecting pretty much any kind of content: clippings from the web, your own notes, diagrams and drawings, photos from the on-board camera, etc. Each item gets a timestamp and geotag, and you can add more tags for better searchability as well.

Several key “views” into your Journal are detailed in the leaked document, including a Smart Agenda that acts as a sort of a Cliff Notes representation of your entire journal, making important items visible at a glance. The Journal Overview is another style of at-a-glance window into the journal contents, with an integrated search interface. The Library is the main file browser metaphor that organizes everything by type. The left screen acts as a “favorites” tray where you can sticky your most important apps and projects in one place.

Also detailed is the Browser (pictured below), allowing you to easily clip content from the web into your journal. You can also flip through your history with a vertical Cover Flow-like index card system. Another handy organization metaphor is the ability to “tuck” items into the device’s spine to temporarily store something and move it from one section of your journal to another.

• Also detailed is the Browser (pictured below)
  • allowing you to easily clip content from the web into your journal
  • You can also flip through your history with a vertical Cover Flow-like index card system
  • Another handy organization metaphor is the ability to “tuck” items into the device’s spine to temporarily store something and move it from one section of your journal to another.

MSC1

MSC2

MSC3

MSC4

MSC5

Category Technology
Tags , ,

402,342Comments

1. update blog says:

I will machines this evaluation towards 2 models of human beings: recent Zune home owners who are considering an improve, and men and women hoping towards determine among a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worthy of looking at out there, which includes the Sony Walkman X, but I be expecting this delivers by yourself sufficient facts to crank out an mindful determination of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as very well.)

2. Involving me and my spouse we have owned extra MP3 gamers over the years than I can rely, like Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the final couple several years I’ve settled down in direction of 1 line of gamers. Why? Considering the fact that I was delighted in the direction of obtain how well-designed and enjoyment in direction of use the underappreciated (and extensively mocked) Zunes are.

3. blogging says:

Amongst me and my partner we have owned added MP3 players above the a long time than I can count, which include Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, and so forth. But, the ultimate handful of many years I’ve fixed down in direction of a single line of avid gamers. Why? For the reason that I was joyful toward investigate how well-designed and enjoyment in the direction of employ the underappreciated (and broadly mocked) Zunes are.

4. my site says:

Zune and iPod: Highest persons examine the Zune in direction of the Contact, however the moment observing how skinny and surprisingly minimal and gentle it is, I attempt it toward be a very exclusive hybrid that brings together features of equally the Contact and the Nano. It is really very vibrant and lovely OLED screen is a bit more compact than the contact screen, but the player alone feels quite a little bit scaled-down and lighter. It weighs over 2/3 as a great deal, and is noticeably smaller sized within width and top, although becoming simply a hair thicker.

5. update site says:

Palms down, Apple’s application store wins by a mile. It is a large alternative of all varieties of apps vs a as an alternative unsatisfied range of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has Strategies, specifically inside of the realm of game titles, yet I am not certainly I would will need in the direction of wager upon the potential if this aspect is vital in direction of oneself. The iPod is a much improved preference within just that situation.

6. your blog says:

Sorry for the large research, still I’m genuinely loving the contemporary Zune, and expect this, as very well as the Great reviews some other Those consist of prepared, will help you determine if it can be the specifically alternative for on your own.

7. This is starting to be a little bit excess subjective, still I substantially want the Zune Market. The interface is vibrant, has further flair, and some amazing characteristics including ‘Mixview’ that enable by yourself quickly check out identical albums, new music, or other people equivalent towards what you might be listening towards. Clicking on a single of individuals will center on that merchandise, and an additional mounted of “neighbors” will appear into feeling, letting on your own toward navigate above looking into by way of similar artists, new music, or buyers. Speaking of consumers, the Zune “Social” is additionally very good enjoyable, making it possible for oneself locate other folks with shared preferences and getting to be mates with them. You then can listen in direction of a playlist built based upon an amalgamation of what all your buddies are listening toward, which is as well remarkable. Individuals apprehensive with privateness will be relieved toward notice yourself can avoid the community from observing your personal listening habits if yourself as a result consider.

8. your blog says:

Arms down, Apple’s app shop wins by a mile. It is really a significant range of all varieties of purposes vs a instead sad conclusion of a handful for Zune. Microsoft includes Strategies, specially within just the realm of online games, but I’m not absolutely sure I would require towards bet on the potential if this section is critical in the direction of on your own. The iPod is a considerably greater preference in just that situation.

9. love blog says:

This is having a little bit far more subjective, nonetheless I a great deal desire the Zune Market place. The interface is colourful, includes a lot more aptitude, and some awesome characteristics together with ‘Mixview’ that permit by yourself all of a sudden watch comparable albums, music, or other users comparable towards what you’re listening toward. Clicking upon 1 of all those will centre upon that merchandise, and yet another preset of “neighbors” will occur into impression, permitting by yourself to navigate in the vicinity of researching by way of equivalent artists, new music, or consumers. Chatting of people, the Zune “Social” is far too great fun, letting you uncover many others with shared preferences and getting mates with them. On your own then can pay attention toward a playlist constructed primarily based upon an amalgamation of what all your buddies are listening in direction of, which is in addition interesting. Those people concerned with privateness will be relieved toward know yourself can reduce the public towards watching your personal listening behavior if your self therefore consider.

10. blog info says:

Apple now incorporates Rhapsody as an app, which is a perfect start off, but it is previously hampered through the inability toward retailer regionally upon your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit cost. If this improvements, then it will rather negate this ease for the Zune, but the 10 tunes per thirty day period will nevertheless be a massive additionally in Zune Pass’ desire.

11. blog says:

The Zune concentrates upon getting a Transportable Media Player. Not a world wide web browser. Not a game machine. Potentially inside of the foreseeable future it’s going to do even superior inside of those areas, yet for by now it truly is a superior path toward prepare and listen towards your tunes and movies, and is without peer inside that regard. The iPod’s positive aspects are its web going to and purposes. If people strong a lot more compelling, potentially it is your ideal choice.

12. Sorry for the significant analyze, nevertheless I’m very loving the fresh new Zune, and hope this, as properly as the high-quality critiques some other us citizens incorporate composed, will aid you decide if it truly is the specifically alternative for oneself.

13. my blog says:

I am going to devices this analyze in the direction of 2 styles of us citizens: recent Zune householders who are thinking about an update, and people today seeking toward decide involving a Zune and an iPod. (There are other gamers great importance thinking about out there, which include the Sony Walkman X, nonetheless I count on this delivers oneself more than enough information and facts in the direction of make an knowledgeable choice of the Zune vs gamers other than the iPod line as perfectly.)

14. update blog says:

The clean Zune browser is shockingly favourable, still not as very good as the iPod’s. It functions effectively, but isn’t really as instantaneous as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If on your own sometimes plan on applying the net browser that is not an issue, yet if you are building in direction of go through the world-wide-web alot in opposition to your PMP then the iPod’s bigger display screen and better browser may well be essential.

15. love blog says:

The Zune concentrates on remaining a Transportable Media Player. Not a world wide web browser. Not a recreation machine. Maybe in the long run it will do even better in all those areas, yet for at the moment it really is a Great way in the direction of set up and hear to your music and motion pictures, and is without peer inside that regard. The iPod’s advantages are its internet visiting and programs. If all those solid far more compelling, potentially it is your great final decision.

16. blog online says:

Zune and iPod: Highest humans compare the Zune in direction of the Touch, still right after looking at how thin and remarkably minimal and light it is, I test it in direction of be a as an alternative unique hybrid that combines traits of possibly the Contact and the Nano. It is Quite vibrant and beautiful OLED exhibit is a bit more compact than the touch screen, however the player by itself feels Extremely a bit lesser and lighter. It weighs concerning 2/3 as considerably, and is drastically more compact in width and top, even though currently being just a hair thicker.

17. my site says:

The new Zune browser is amazingly Terrific, yet not as positive as the iPod’s. It performs well, nonetheless isn’t as prompt as Safari, and consists of a clunkier interface. If oneself once in a while system on using the internet browser that’s not an issue, but if you happen to be coming up with towards browse the internet alot towards your PMP then the iPod’s greater show and far better browser could be crucial.

18. update blog says:

Apple at this time has Rhapsody as an app, which is a best commence, but it is already hampered via the incapacity in direction of retailer domestically upon your iPod, and consists of a dismal 64kbps little bit price. If this changes, then it will fairly negate this advantage for the Zune, still the 10 new music for each thirty day period will continue to be a large moreover inside Zune Pass’ like.

19. Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a handful of unrelated data, nevertheless seriously really worth taking a look, whoa did one particular find out about Mid East has got a lot more problerms too

20. love blog says:

If you’re nevertheless upon the fence: seize your most loved earphones, brain down to a Most straightforward Buy and request in the direction of plug them into a Zune then an iPod and view which 1 seems better in the direction of your self, and which interface makes on your own smile even more. Then you are going to understand which is straight for yourself.

21. blog says:

Apple currently consists of Rhapsody as an application, which is a superior commence, nonetheless it is at present hampered by way of the incapability towards shop regionally upon your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this variations, then it will fairly negate this usefulness for the Zune, nonetheless the Ten audio per month will however be a substantial plus in Zune Pass’ want.

22. blog news says:

The contemporary Zune browser is incredibly favourable, still not as beneficial as the iPod’s. It will work effectively, however isn’t really as immediate as Safari, and is made up of a clunkier interface. If yourself often method on getting the website browser that is not an issue, yet if you happen to be building toward browse the world-wide-web alot versus your PMP then the iPod’s larger display and improved browser may possibly be essential.

23. blog says:

Hands down, Apple’s application retail store wins by way of a mile. It truly is a substantial choice of all styles of programs vs a instead disappointed range of a handful for Zune. Microsoft is made up of Strategies, specifically in just the realm of games, yet I’m not certainly I’d require toward guess upon the upcoming if this section is critical to oneself. The iPod is a significantly far better choice inside that situation.

24. update site says:

Amongst me and my partner we’ve owned further MP3 avid gamers higher than the yrs than I can rely, such as Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etcetera. But, the last number of years I have solved down towards one particular line of avid gamers. Why? Considering the fact that I was satisfied towards uncover how well-designed and enjoyment to retain the services of the underappreciated (and commonly mocked) Zunes are.

25. although websites we backlink to below are considerably not related to ours, we really feel they are actually worth a go by way of, so possess a look

26. blog online says:

Sorry for the huge review, still I’m actually loving the fresh Zune, and expect this, as nicely as the superior critiques some other Those have written, will guidance your self make a decision if it truly is the directly choice for you.

27. your website says:

This is turning out to be a bit additional subjective, however I considerably like the Zune Market. The interface is colourful, includes much more flair, and some neat functions together with ‘Mixview’ that enable you instantly see very similar albums, tunes, or other people comparable toward what you happen to be listening in the direction of. Clicking on a person of those people will centre on that product, and an additional preset of “neighbors” will come into opinion, letting yourself in direction of navigate over researching through comparable artists, audio, or end users. Conversing of buyers, the Zune “Social” is also excellent enjoyable, letting yourself find other individuals with shared tastes and starting to be buddies with them. On your own then can listen toward a playlist manufactured dependent on an amalgamation of what all your buddies are listening in the direction of, which is far too fascinating. These concerned with privacy will be relieved in the direction of understand your self can keep away from the general public towards looking at your person listening practices if yourself hence decide.

28. update blog says:

In between me and my partner we have owned more MP3 gamers over the a long time than I can rely, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the very last number of decades I’ve settled down to a single line of players. Why? Because I was happy toward obtain how well-designed and enjoyable in the direction of employ the service of the underappreciated (and broadly mocked) Zunes are.

29. Mac Lepak says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100 certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

30. Leif Barbosa says:

Nearly all of what you mention happens to be astonishingly precise and that makes me ponder why I had not looked at this with this light before. This article truly did switch the light on for me personally as far as this specific subject matter goes. Nevertheless at this time there is actually one particular issue I am not necessarily too comfortable with and whilst I attempt to reconcile that with the core idea of your position, allow me observe just what the rest of your subscribers have to point out.Nicely done.

31. one of our guests not long ago recommended the following website

32. update site says:

This is becoming a bit even further subjective, still I a great deal want the Zune Industry. The interface is colourful, incorporates further more aptitude, and some interesting characteristics which include ‘Mixview’ that make it possible for by yourself suddenly view very similar albums, music, or other consumers comparable to what you happen to be listening in direction of. Clicking upon a person of all those will centre on that merchandise, and an additional preset of “neighbors” will occur into viewpoint, letting yourself towards navigate in close proximity to exploring as a result of identical artists, tunes, or consumers. Speaking of customers, the Zune “Social” is moreover Terrific entertaining, making it possible for on your own track down others with shared choices and starting to be friends with them. Your self then can listen towards a playlist intended centered on an amalgamation of what all your good friends are listening toward, which is on top of that fascinating. Those fearful with privacy will be relieved in the direction of realize by yourself can reduce the public from viewing your particular person listening behaviors if by yourself so get.

33. blog news says:

Apple at this time includes Rhapsody as an app, which is a Terrific commence, still it is already hampered via the lack of ability in the direction of retail store domestically upon your iPod, and incorporates a dismal 64kbps little bit selling price. If this alterations, then it will to some degree negate this ease for the Zune, but the 10 music for each month will even now be a substantial additionally within Zune Pass’ desire.

34. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!

35. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my web site =). We could have a link exchange contract between us!

36. Marcus Cruz. says:

Nice top of the line ressource

37. love blog says:

The Zune concentrates upon becoming a Moveable Media Player. Not a website browser. Not a video game machine. Quite possibly in just the future it will do even much better in individuals areas, still for now it is really a Good way towards prepare and pay attention in direction of your music and flicks, and is with no peer inside of that respect. The iPod’s pros are its website viewing and programs. If individuals sound further more compelling, perhaps it is your ideal conclusion.

38. my blog says:

Zune and iPod: Optimum us residents review the Zune to the Contact, yet at the time seeing how thin and incredibly very low and gentle it is, I take into consideration it toward be a as an alternative exceptional hybrid that combines properties of the two the Touch and the Nano. It is really extremely vibrant and stunning OLED display is slightly lesser than the contact screen, still the participant itself feels quite a bit more compact and lighter. It weighs around 2/3 as a lot, and is appreciably scaled-down inside of width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

39. You made a great deal of excellent factors in your short article. I believe you must’ve included an additional paragraph to far better explain on your own.

40. update site says:

Zune and iPod: Highest All those look at the Zune toward the Contact, still at the time seeing how skinny and surprisingly small and light it is, I take into account it towards be a quite unique hybrid that combines properties of either the Touch and the Nano. It is rather colorful and lovely OLED display is a bit lesser than the contact screen, nonetheless the participant itself feels rather a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs over 2/3 as a lot, and is significantly smaller in width and peak, When getting simply just a hair thicker.

41. blogging says:

Concerning me and my husband we have owned far more MP3 gamers around the several years than I can rely, together with Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, and so forth. But, the past few decades I’ve solved down toward a person line of gamers. Why? Due to the fact I was satisfied toward come across how well-designed and enjoyment in direction of seek the services of the underappreciated (and greatly mocked) Zunes are.

42. one of our visitors a short while ago suggested the following website

43. blog online says:

I’ll machines this evaluation toward 2 products of folks: recent Zune homeowners who are taking into consideration an up grade, and persons attempting in direction of come to a decision concerning a Zune and an iPod. (There are other avid gamers great importance contemplating out there, which include the Sony Walkman X, still I assume this delivers your self enough facts in direction of make an aware preference of the Zune vs gamers other than the iPod line as well.)

44. update site says:

Zune and iPod: Optimum Those compare the Zune to the Contact, but as soon as observing how skinny and incredibly very little and light it is, I take it towards be a rather exceptional hybrid that combines attributes of either the Touch and the Nano. It is really exceptionally colourful and stunning OLED exhibit is a little scaled-down than the contact screen, yet the player alone feels relatively a little bit more compact and lighter. It weighs in excess of 2/3 as much, and is substantially smaller sized inside width and height, though staying exactly a hair thicker.

45. blog info says:

This is getting a little bit extra subjective, still I significantly choose the Zune Industry. The interface is colourful, has far more aptitude, and some amazing characteristics together with ‘Mixview’ that let by yourself quickly perspective similar albums, audio, or other customers related in the direction of what you are listening towards. Clicking upon a single of people will center upon that item, and a different fastened of “neighbors” will arrive into perspective, allowing for oneself in the direction of navigate near investigating through identical artists, new music, or buyers. Conversing of users, the Zune “Social” is furthermore outstanding enjoyment, allowing for yourself uncover other individuals with shared preferences and turning out to be friends with them. You then can pay attention towards a playlist made based upon an amalgamation of what all your mates are listening in direction of, which is on top of that remarkable. People nervous with privateness will be relieved toward notice your self can prevent the community versus looking at your personal listening practices if on your own consequently pick.

46. my site says:

The Zune concentrates on getting a Moveable Media Player. Not a internet browser. Not a match machine. Quite possibly within just the future it’s going to do even improved in these areas, nevertheless for now it truly is a Terrific route towards organize and pay attention in direction of your music and flicks, and is with out peer in just that regard. The iPod’s advantages are its internet viewing and programs. If people good far more powerful, quite possibly it is your excellent conclusion.

47. my website says:

Sorry for the significant overview, yet I am Pretty loving the fresh new Zune, and anticipate this, as nicely as the Terrific evaluations some other human beings incorporate penned, will help by yourself come to a decision if it really is the specifically option for on your own.

48. blogging says:

Sorry for the massive assessment, yet I am incredibly loving the refreshing Zune, and assume this, as perfectly as the ideal opinions some other americans have penned, will aid you decide if it truly is the specifically conclusion for you.

49. Idell Araneo says:

Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it and individually recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.