Sneak Peek at the Microsoft Courier

by Lenny
November 8, 2009
Comments

Microsoft Courier

Two still mythical tablet devices, the Microsoft Courier and the Apple Tablet, are probably the hottest and most coveted devices that do not yet officially exist. To further fuel the anticipatory gadget lust, Gizmodo has scored an in-depth look at the former’s user interface and overall design.

Some Other Aspects

As we were clued into by earlier leaks, the Infinite Journal is the key metaphor for Courier. It’s like an enormous notebook for collecting pretty much any kind of content: clippings from the web, your own notes, diagrams and drawings, photos from the on-board camera, etc. Each item gets a timestamp and geotag, and you can add more tags for better searchability as well.

Several key “views” into your Journal are detailed in the leaked document, including a Smart Agenda that acts as a sort of a Cliff Notes representation of your entire journal, making important items visible at a glance. The Journal Overview is another style of at-a-glance window into the journal contents, with an integrated search interface. The Library is the main file browser metaphor that organizes everything by type. The left screen acts as a “favorites” tray where you can sticky your most important apps and projects in one place.

Also detailed is the Browser (pictured below), allowing you to easily clip content from the web into your journal. You can also flip through your history with a vertical Cover Flow-like index card system. Another handy organization metaphor is the ability to “tuck” items into the device’s spine to temporarily store something and move it from one section of your journal to another.

• Also detailed is the Browser (pictured below)
  • allowing you to easily clip content from the web into your journal
  • You can also flip through your history with a vertical Cover Flow-like index card system
  • Another handy organization metaphor is the ability to “tuck” items into the device’s spine to temporarily store something and move it from one section of your journal to another.

MSC1

MSC2

MSC3

MSC4

MSC5

Category Technology
Tags , ,

402,748Comments

1. This is actually definitely an excellent read for me. I have actually bookmarked that and also I am actually eagerly anticipating reviewing brand new posts. Maintain the great!

2. This is actually definitely an excellent read for me. I have actually bookmarked that and also I am actually eagerly anticipating reviewing brand new posts. Maintain the great!

3. You actually make it appear so simple together with your presentation yet I locate this issue to be actually something that I feel I may by no means comprehend. It sort of feels as well complicated and exceptionally big for me.

4. Reynaldo says:

Generally I do not find out short article on blogs, nonetheless I would like to claim that this write-up extremely pushed me to attempt and also do it! Your writing style has actually been surprised me. Many thanks, rather great write-up.

5. Jonas says:

I was reading your write-up as well as asked yourself if you had actually taken into consideration producing an book on this subject. Your writing would certainly offer it fast. You have a great deal of creating talent.

6. Sherise says:

Just what I was looking for.

7. Ardath says:

Just what I was looking for.

8. This is taking a bit added subjective, yet I a lot desire the Zune Industry. The interface is colorful, incorporates much more flair, and some neat features together with ‘Mixview’ that allow for by yourself quickly check out related albums, songs, or other people equivalent in direction of what you are listening in the direction of. Clicking upon one particular of people will middle on that product or service, and yet another fixed of “neighbors” will arrive into watch, letting your self in direction of navigate near looking into by similar artists, audio, or consumers. Talking of users, the Zune “Social” is much too superior enjoyment, enabling your self locate other individuals with shared preferences and turning out to be buddies with them. On your own then can listen in direction of a playlist made centered on an amalgamation of what all your buddies are listening in the direction of, which is too thrilling. These nervous with privateness will be relieved to comprehend on your own can avert the public from looking at your person listening patterns if your self therefore opt for.

9. best safety says:

The Zune concentrates upon becoming a Transportable Media Player. Not a world-wide-web browser. Not a activity machine. Potentially within just the potential it will do even greater inside those areas, however for currently it can be a exceptional route toward arrange and listen in the direction of your audio and flicks, and is with out peer in just that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its net browsing and apps. If all those good added powerful, possibly it is your best option.

10. Among me and my partner we’ve owned more MP3 gamers previously mentioned the a long time than I can count, which include Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, and many others. But, the very last couple of several years I’ve settled down toward just one line of gamers. Why? Mainly because I was content toward take a look at how well-designed and pleasurable to employ the service of the underappreciated (and broadly mocked) Zunes are.

11. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

12. I am not very great with English but I find this very easy to read.

13. The new Zune browser is amazingly good, nonetheless not as constructive as the iPod’s. It performs perfectly, however just isn’t as quick as Safari, and includes a clunkier interface. If by yourself from time to time plan on working with the website browser that’s not an issue, but if you might be planning in direction of browse the world-wide-web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger show and far better browser could be major.

14. Thanks for providing recent updates relating to the issue, I look forward to read more.

15. Nena Hilding says:

Hey there There. I found your blog site utilizing msn. This is an very well composed post. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your beneficial details. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

16. Cassie says:

I ponder why the various other experts of this field do not understand this. You should continue your writing. I m positive, you have a significant viewers base already!

17. Kyle says:

Quality blog posts is the vital to be a focus for the individuals to pay a quick go to the site, that s just what this web page is offering.

18. zand game says:

Sites of interest we have a link to

19. When I found this website I went on reddit to share several of the love with them.

20. Gerry Wilner says:

Much obliged for reserving an perfect opportunity to examine this, I feel strongly about it and love adjusting more on this point. On the off chance that possible, as you pick up proficiency, would you mind revamping your site with more data? It is significantly helpful for me.

21. on your website now, and I truly like your style. Thanks a million and please maintain the reliable work.

22. Cesar Tahu says:

I was reading your post and questioned if you had thought about developing an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent.

23. If you are nevertheless upon the fence: get your favorite earphones, mind down to a Best Obtain and request toward plug them into a Zune then an iPod and view which one particular sounds far better in the direction of on your own, and which interface makes yourself smile further. Then you can expect to comprehend which is instantly for oneself.

24. Apple already includes Rhapsody as an app, which is a ideal start out, yet it is at the moment hampered through the incapacity towards retailer regionally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps little bit rate. If this alterations, then it will rather negate this convenience for the Zune, nonetheless the Ten music per thirty day period will even now be a huge as well as within just Zune Pass’ want.

25. Apple presently incorporates Rhapsody as an app, which is a excellent begin, but it is previously hampered as a result of the incapability in the direction of retailer regionally upon your iPod, and incorporates a dismal 64kbps bit cost. If this alterations, then it will to some degree negate this convenience for the Zune, still the Ten music for every month will nevertheless be a huge furthermore in just Zune Pass’ prefer.

26. This is getting a bit even more subjective, nonetheless I a great deal want the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, contains further aptitude, and some cool functions which includes ‘Mixview’ that permit yourself suddenly look at comparable albums, music, or other people very similar in direction of what you are listening in direction of. Clicking upon just one of these will center on that products, and a further mounted of “neighbors” will occur into impression, allowing you in the direction of navigate around studying through equivalent artists, music, or end users. Conversing of customers, the Zune “Social” is on top of that Terrific enjoyable, allowing for yourself track down other people with shared choices and starting to be close friends with them. You then can pay attention toward a playlist created based mostly upon an amalgamation of what all your mates are listening toward, which is as well interesting. All those fearful with privateness will be relieved in direction of realize oneself can stop the general public against seeing your specific listening patterns if on your own thus determine.

27. usually posts some pretty interesting stuff like this. If youre new to this site

28. very handful of internet websites that come about to be detailed below, from our point of view are undoubtedly properly worth checking out

29. Zune and iPod: Most Those review the Zune in the direction of the Contact, yet when watching how slim and surprisingly reduced and light-weight it is, I take into account it towards be a pretty exclusive hybrid that combines attributes of both equally the Touch and the Nano. It is really unbelievably colorful and lovely OLED show is a bit lesser than the touch screen, yet the player by itself feels Really a bit lesser and lighter. It weighs in excess of 2/3 as significantly, and is significantly lesser within width and top, whilst staying simply just a hair thicker.

30. golf live says:

Palms down, Apple’s app shop wins via a mile. It’s a significant number of all styles of programs vs a as an alternative unsatisfied choice of a handful for Zune. Microsoft contains programs, especially within just the realm of game titles, however I’m not absolutely sure I might require in direction of bet upon the future if this aspect is necessary towards oneself. The iPod is a significantly far better option inside of that circumstance.

31. always a huge fan of linking to bloggers that I like but really don’t get a lot of link appreciate from

32. Apple previously includes Rhapsody as an app, which is a exceptional start, but it is currently hampered by the incapacity toward retail outlet locally upon your iPod, and contains a dismal 64kbps bit selling price. If this variations, then it will considerably negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 audio for each month will even now be a big in addition inside Zune Pass’ choose.

33. The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a world wide web browser. Not a game machine. Perhaps in just the foreseeable future it will do even improved in those people areas, but for now it really is a remarkable route towards arrange and listen in direction of your new music and motion pictures, and is without the need of peer inside that regard. The iPod’s benefits are its world wide web viewing and applications. If all those sound additional persuasive, possibly it is your ideal conclusion.

34. I will devices this analyze to 2 designs of folks: present-day Zune home owners who are contemplating an update, and individuals trying towards come to a decision among a Zune and an iPod. (There are other avid gamers significance considering out there, such as the Sony Walkman X, still I count on this provides oneself plenty of facts toward make an knowledgeable conclusion of the Zune vs avid gamers other than the iPod line as effectively.)

35. The Zune concentrates on becoming a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a sport machine. Possibly in just the future it will do even improved inside of people areas, nonetheless for at the moment it’s a extraordinary course towards set up and listen in the direction of your tunes and motion pictures, and is without the need of peer inside of that respect. The iPod’s advantages are its world wide web browsing and programs. If those strong added persuasive, quite possibly it is your perfect alternative.

36. Hi There.I discovered your blog utilizing msn. This is an incredibly well composed article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your beneficial info. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly resurgence.

37. It is great to have the opportunity to read a good quality post with helpful details on subjects that plenty are interested on.I concur with your conclusions and will eagerly anticipate your future updates.

38. Zune and iPod: Utmost people today compare the Zune toward the Contact, nonetheless when seeing how slim and shockingly small and mild it is, I look at it to be a quite exclusive hybrid that combines qualities of the two the Touch and the Nano. It is really extremely colourful and lovely OLED exhibit is a bit smaller sized than the contact screen, still the participant itself feels Really a bit scaled-down and lighter. It weighs over 2/3 as a lot, and is substantially lesser in width and top, despite the fact that being only a hair thicker.

39. The details mentioned within the report are some of the best offered

40. Palms down, Apple’s application retail store wins by way of a mile. It truly is a massive range of all forms of applications vs a pretty disappointed selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft includes plans, particularly in just the realm of online games, nonetheless I am not positive I might want toward guess on the long run if this function is essential toward oneself. The iPod is a considerably improved conclusion inside of that scenario.

41. Involving me and my husband we’ve owned even more MP3 avid gamers in excess of the many years than I can rely, such as Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the very last pair several years I’ve resolved down to just one line of gamers. Why? Due to the fact I was happy toward explore how well-designed and enjoyment to retain the services of the underappreciated (and extensively mocked) Zunes are.

42. Ryan Ptacek says:

I have a difficult time explaining my ideas on material, but I really felt I must here. Your short article is actually great. I like the way you composed this info.

43. that will be the finish of this post. Here you will find some sites that we assume you will enjoy, just click the links over

44. Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us.My enjoyment to being here on your blog. I wan na come back here for brand-new post from your website.

45. You have actually raised an essential issue. Thanks for sharing. I wish to learn more existing affairs from this blog site. keep publishing.

46. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of composing published at this web page is truly good.

47. This is starting to be a little bit far more subjective, but I considerably favor the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, is made up of far more aptitude, and some interesting attributes together with ‘Mixview’ that enable your self instantly see identical albums, new music, or other people equivalent towards what you happen to be listening in direction of. Clicking on one particular of all those will center on that solution, and one more preset of “neighbors” will appear into viewpoint, allowing yourself towards navigate in the vicinity of exploring by way of related artists, tunes, or end users. Talking of customers, the Zune “Social” is furthermore ideal fun, making it possible for your self locate other folks with shared preferences and getting to be good friends with them. On your own then can listen towards a playlist constructed based mostly upon an amalgamation of what all your buddies are listening in the direction of, which is also enjoyable. Those apprehensive with privateness will be relieved towards notice your self can stop the public against looking at your specific listening behaviors if your self consequently pick.

48. Palms down, Apple’s app retailer wins through a mile. It is a significant preference of all varieties of programs vs a rather disappointed choice of a handful for Zune. Microsoft is made up of Options, especially in just the realm of online games, but I am not sure I’d need to have towards bet upon the potential if this feature is crucial towards yourself. The iPod is a much far better decision in that scenario.

49. here are some links to web sites that we link to for the reason that we consider they’re really worth visiting

50. The refreshing Zune browser is astonishingly optimistic, however not as beneficial as the iPod’s. It will work well, still isn’t really as fast as Safari, and is made up of a clunkier interface. If on your own from time to time method upon applying the world wide web browser that’s not an issue, nevertheless if you happen to be creating to examine the world wide web alot in opposition to your PMP then the iPod’s larger sized exhibit and far better browser may perhaps be vital.